Your Fitness Classes
My Fitness Place sets a new standard in Fitness, Health & Wellbeing. We offer bright modern & safe studios, specially designed for class-led training, from virtual & classic spin, combat classes, high intensity interval training (HIIT), ZUMBA to Yoga & Pilates. More than just workout classes, My Fitness Place aspires to give you the absolute best body & mind experience, together!
Virtual Spin Class
Yoga for all
STRONG body Conditioning
Combat Fit & HIIT
Legs, Bums, & Mums
ZUMBA Live and Virtual
Core Specific Training
High Intenstity Interval Training (HIIT)
Virtual Spin Class
Four types of virtual spin classes:
Classic, Studio Coach, Coach Colour and Myrid.
Our state-of-the-art virtual spin classes is the fusion of exercise with instructors and all new technology. You'll be taken through the class by either a personal instructor or a 'virtual' instructor. With the benefit of our HD big screen, you will be taken to new surroundings as your studio experience is transported to mountain ranges, climbing through the hills or cycling along the beach.
Benefits of spin:
• Burn Calories.
• Improve Your Cardio for a healthier heart.
• Set Your Own Pace.
• Join a community that feels like a team.
• Lower your body's workout breaking point.
• Build lean muscle definition.
I'm not sure what to pick, Yoga or Pilates?
The short answer, is try both and see which you prefer!
Pilates for All
This physical fitness system is a form of low-impact exercise that aims to strengthen muscles while improving postural alignment and flexibility. Pilates moves tend to target the core, although the exercises work other areas of your body as well.
The health benefits of Pilates include:
• improved flexibility.
• increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the 'core muscles' of your body)
• balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body.
• enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs.
STRONG Body Conditioning.
Stop counting the reps. Start training to the beat. STRONG; combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves synced to original music that has been specifically designed to match every single move. Every squat, every lunge, every burpee is driven by the music, helping you make it to that last rep, and maybe even five more.
In each class you'll burn calories while toning arms, legs, abs and glutes. Plyometric or explosive moves like high knees, burpees, and jumping jacks are interchanged with isometric moves like lunges, squats, and kickboxing. STRONG instructors change up the music and moves frequently to make sure you’re always challenged to the max.
Yoga for All
Workout fads come and go, but virtually no other exercise program is as enduring as yoga. It does more than burn calories and tone muscles. It's a total mind-body and well-being workout that combines strengthening and stretching poses with deep breathing and meditation or relaxation.
Other physical benefits of yoga include:
• increased flexibility.
• increased muscle strength and tone.
• improved respiration, energy and vitality.
• maintaining a balanced metabolism.
• weight reduction.
• cardio and circulatory health.
• improved athletic performance.
• protection from injury.
Combat Fit & HIIT
Also known as 'boxercise', this is a no-contact fitness class. It incorporates many of the training methods and fitness drills that boxers and fighters use in this class. With a combination of steady cardio and high-intensity blasts, your heart rate will be increased as you punch and move. It's an hour-long class that's specially designed to get you into great shape by providing an amazing full-body workout in a safe, fun environment.
Benefits of ‘Fighting Fit’
• Better body composition and strength.
• Improved coordination (But do still try to get it
right first time!)
• Reduced stress and anxiety.
• Improved self-confidence confidence.
Legs Bums & Mums
Our Classes at Legs, Bums & Mums are designed with postnatal women in mind. The class was created to help new mothers regain their figure and fitness in our safe and fun environment. We consider the age of your baby and any health concerns that you may have.
• Full body aerobic & toning workout.
• Increases your stamina and endurance.
• Builds your strength.
• Increases your energy levels.
• Increases flexibility / mobility.
• A great workout for burning calories.
• An enjoyable exercise.
Kettlebells offer a different kind of class training using dynamic moves targeting almost every aspect of fitness, endurance, strength, balance, agility and cardio endurance. People love it because it's challenging, efficient and you only need one piece of equipment.
Kettlebell training benefits:
• Improve overall strength.
• Improve core power, balance, flexibility,
• Improve coordination
• Increase weight loss and body sculpting.
• Leads to building healthy and lean muscles.
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
A specific type of training that involves a series of low to high intensity workouts interspersed with rest or relief periods. The high-intensity periods are typically at or close to anaerobic exercise, while the recovery periods involve activity of lower intensity.
Examples of Interval Training
• Jog or walk at a more comfortable pace for three minutes.
• Sprint for 60 seconds.
• Perform five to ten cycles or continue until you've completed two or three miles. Total workout time will depend on your fitness level and running speed.
ZUMBA Live (& virtual)
Each Zumba class is designed to bring people together to sweat it on. We take the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you will see why Zumba Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise.
Benefits of ZUMBA:
• The more you enjoy your exercise routine, the more likely you are to stick with it.
• Great for weight loss.
• Tones your entire body.
• Boosts your heart health.
• Helps you to de-stress.
• Improves coordination.
• Makes you happy.
Core Specific Training
Core exercises are those that use your trunk without support, like push-ups, sit-ups, and abdominal crunches. These exercises strengthen and train your lower back, hips, abdomen and pelvis to work together for better balance and stability.
Benefits of core classes:
• Strengthens the abdominal structures involved in movement and improves the transfer of power.
• Teaches the muscles to work together efficiently and effectively.
• Aids in the prevention of injury.
• Strengthens and improves your body’s stabilisation.
• Improves respiratory function.