Your Fitness Classes
My Fitness Place sets a new standard in Fitness & Wellbeing, offering bright modern studios, specially designed for class-led activities, from virtual reality spin, high intensity training to Yoga and Pilates classes. More than just workout classes, My Fitness Place aspires to give you the very best body & mind experience, together!
Virtual Spin Class
Four types of virtual spin classes:
Classic, Studio Coach, Coach Colour and Myrid.
Our state-of-the-art virtual spin classes is the fusion of exercise with instructors and all new technology. You'll be taken through the class by either a personal instructor or a 'virtual' instructor. With the benefit of our HD big screen, you will be taken to new surroundings as your studio experience is transported to mountain ranges, climbing through the hills or cycling along the beach.
Benefits of spin:
• Burn Calories.
• Improve Your Cardio for a healthier heart.
• Set Your Own Pace.
• Join a community that feels like a team.
• Lower your body's workout breaking point.
• Build lean muscle definition.
This physical fitness system is a form of low-impact exercise that aims to strengthen muscles while improving postural alignment and flexibility. Pilates moves tend to target the core, although the exercises work other areas of your body as well.
The health benefits of Pilates include:
• improved flexibility.
• increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the 'core muscles' of your body)
• balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body.
• enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs.
Stretching is a form of physical exercise in which a specific muscle or tendon is deliberately flexed or stretched in order to improve the muscle's felt elasticity and achieve comfortable muscle tone. The result is a feeling of increased muscle control, flexibility, and range of motion.
Different types of stretching
• ballistic stretching.
• dynamic stretching.
• active stretching.
• passive (or relaxed) stretching.
• static stretching.
• isometric stretching.
• PNF stretching.
Yoga For All
Workout fads come and go, but virtually no other exercise program is as enduring as yoga. It does more than burn calories and tone muscles. It's a total mind-body and well-being workout that combines strengthening and stretching poses with deep breathing and meditation or relaxation.
Other physical benefits of yoga include:
• increased flexibility.
• increased muscle strength and tone.
• improved respiration, energy and vitality.
• maintaining a balanced metabolism.
• weight reduction.
• cardio and circulatory health.
• improved athletic performance.
• protection from injury.
Also known as 'boxercise', this is a no-contact fitness class. It incorporates many of the training methods and fitness drills that boxers and fighters use in this class. With a combination of steady cardio and high-intensity blasts, your heart rate will be increased as you punch and move. It's an hour-long class that's specially designed to get you into great shape by providing an amazing full-body workout in a safe, fun environment.
Benefits of ‘Fighting Fit’
• Better body composition and strength.
• Improved coordination (But do still try to get it
right first time!)
• Reduced stress and anxiety.
• Improved self-confidence confidence.
Legs Bums & Mums
Our Classes at Legs, Bums & Mums are designed with postnatal women in mind. The class was created to help new mothers regain their figure and fitness in our safe and fun environment. We consider the age of your baby and any health concerns that you may have.
• Full body aerobic & toning workout.
• Increases your stamina and endurance.
• Builds your strength.
• Increases your energy levels.
• Increases flexibility / mobility.
• A great workout for burning calories.
• An enjoyable exercise.
Kettlebells offer a different kind of class training using dynamic moves targeting almost every aspect of fitness, endurance, strength, balance, agility and cardio endurance. People love it because it's challenging, efficient and you only need one piece of equipment.
Kettlebell training benefits:
• Improve overall strength.
• Improve core power, balance, flexibility,
• Improve coordination
• Increase weight loss and body sculpting.
• Leads to building healthy and lean muscles.
A specific type of training that involves a series of low to high intensity workouts interspersed with rest or relief periods. The high-intensity periods are typically at or close to anaerobic exercise, while the recovery periods involve activity of lower intensity.
Examples of Interval Training
• Jog or walk at a more comfortable pace for three minutes.
• Sprint for 60 seconds.
• Perform five to ten cycles or continue until you've completed two or three miles. Total workout time will depend on your fitness level and running speed.
Wise Women Do Weights
Resistance training increases bone density and therefore decreases the chances of women developing osteoporosis later in life. Studies have shown that resistance training helps strengthen our bones' ability to bear weight.
Reasons Women Should Lift Weights:
• More Effective Fat Loss.
• More Muscle, More Calorie Expenditure.
• Quality Sleep.
• Increased Energy.
• Heart Health.
• Bone Health.
• Stress Relief.
Train To Outdoor Run
Outdoor running is a great way to get fit, feel better and even form new relationships with other runners. Starting a new running habit is fun, all it takes is a comfortable pair of shoes and a willingness to move a little or a lot, all at your own pace. Our specially designed training classes makes it easy to get started, get inspired and stay on track. Ready, Set, Go!
Benefits of outdoor running:
• Improve your well-being.
• Burns more calories
• The scenery is much better!
• You will work more muscle groups.
• A great way to explore your local community.
• Take in much needed vitamin D
• You will learn to exercise over a longer period.
Mobilisation Pre & Post Run
It is widely understood that a well-designed regular pre & post-run exercise plan can drastically reduce injury and improve performance. It is important that you exercise correctly and with our guidance to understand not only the importance but also the potential to maximise your body’s maximum potential.
Increase blood flow
Core Specific Training
Core exercises are those that use your trunk without support, like push-ups, sit-ups, and abdominal crunches. These exercises strengthen and train your lower back, hips, abdomen and pelvis to work together for better balance and stability.
Benefits of core classes:
• Strengthens the abdominal structures involved in movement and improves the transfer of power.
• Teaches the muscles to work together efficiently and effectively.
• Aids in the prevention of injury.
• Strengthens and improves your body’s stabilisation.
• Improves respiratory function.